16 – 17 November 2021
The 14th International ACEA Correctional Education and Training Conference 2021: Innovation in Interesting Times invites you to showcase innovative case studies, jurisdictional strategies, future planning, research and evaluation at our virtual conference on 16 – 17 November 2021. This event will accommodate attendance during multiple time zones to accommodate an international audience and allow for networking opportunities across focused topics.
Correctional jurisdictions and corrections educators faced many challenges over the past two years. Jurisdictions/prisons/community corrections/youth justice services implemented new integrated and innovative education and training programs to accommodate unforeseen circumstances, including COVID-19 and rapidly changing prison populations.
This is an opportunity to share your knowledge and experience in delivering quality education programs and services in adult and or youth custodial settings or for those on community orders. It is also a venue to showcase cutting edge research and practice innovations.
This conference provides the opportunity to share innovative practices in adult and youth justice education environments including:
- Delivering innovative programmes at speed to maintain continuity of programming through the COVID-19 pandemic;
- the role of standards in correctional education to ensure equivalency to outside provision;
- enhancing educator and trainer capability to deliver quality programs in complex learning environments with those experiencing learning challenges;
- raising the profile of corrections education as a significant contributor to Australia’s education and training sector;
- enhancing the sustainability of corrections education programs and services; or
- anything other topic deemed to be of interest and relevant to conference attendees.
The 14th International ACEA Correctional Education and Training Conference 2021: Innovation in Interesting Times will feature keynote and workshop presentations. Presentations will be active between 16 and 17 November 2021 with registrant access to recorded sessions after the conference. Social media channels will allow continued discussion beyond the conference timeframes.
Jurisdictional management; corrections education practitioners; policymakers; support staff; allied services staff; academics; those with lived experience.
Invitation to submit presentations or workshops:
An invitation will be extended to submit proposals for online, recorded conference papers or workshops in line with the conference themes outlined above.
Details of submission dates and processes will be available shortly.